The Masonicare interACTION Grants program is designed to stimulate fundraising throughout NSW and the ACT thereby maximising the charitable benefits to local communities.
Masonicare will contribute to monies raised by Masonic Lodges, Districts and Regions for local charities of their choice. This is generally on a dollar for dollar basis and enables us to have a multiplying effect in supporting those causes which need it most.
interACTION Grants have made a substantial difference in the following areas:
- Youth and families at risk
- Medical research
- Community programs
- Hospital and medical equipment
- Support for people with disabilities
- Aged care
- Emergency services
The interACTION Grants program is successfully engaging people across the jurisdiction to make a collaborative difference in proudly supporting our local communities.
interACTION Grant Procedure
It is important for Lodges and Masonic Associations to note the correct procedure when applying for an interACTION Grant (IAG). It is most important that ALL parties adhere to this process in order to comply with ATO and ACNC regulations.
- Plan ahead for a fundraising event where the funds raised will be donated to a local charity that MUST BE registered as a DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient).
- Apply for an IAG with an estimated and realistic amount nominated (Min. $1,000 to a max. $3,000). IAG applications forms are available from your Regional Masonicare Manager (RMM), from the Masonicare Secretariat office or can be downloaded from the website: www.masonicare.org.au . You must ensure the application is lodged 2 months before you commence your fundraising.
- The Board will consider the application for approval or otherwise and the applicant will be given written advice of the Board’s decision.
- Conduct your actual fundraising event/s. Any promotional materials should include the Masonicare logo and it is preferred that a Masonicare banner be on display at the event.
- Following your event ask your RMM for a ‘Cheque Request Form’ which you should complete and return to Masonicare along with the net value of funds raised (either by cheque or EFT). This amount will be matched ‘dollar for dollar’ (to a maximum contribution of $5,000 by Masonicare) and a cheque for the total amount will be sent to your RMM or designated person for presentation to the DGR at an organised event. Please provide at least 14 days’ notice to ensure the cheque is prepared in time.
Have a Masonicare banner on display at your event and invite local media to attend.
During this whole process remember that your RMM and DMR can assist you in various stages throughout this project and good luck with your fundraising efforts.
Masonicare is the charitable arm of the United Grand Lodge of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory - the governing body for Freemasonry in NSW and the ACT.
interACTION Grants - to assist Lodges and other Masonic organisations that organise charitable projects raising funds for local community charities.
THE PROJECT MUST INVOLVE THE COMMUNITY AND APPROVAL FROM MASONICARE MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO RUNNING THE PROJECT.
Masonicare may match fundraising on a ‘dollar-for-dollar’ basis to a maximum of $3,000 (minimum of $1,000).
Current details are available from your Regional Masonicare Manager (RMM). RMM details are listed on the ‘About Us’ page on the Masonicare website at www.masonicare.org.au/aboutus
The form is to be completed by the Masonic organisation making the application. Please cross out inapplicable sections.
Interaction Grant Application Form Version 3.0 March 2016